5 Tips for Getting Your Home Ready to Sell in the Spring
Spring is finally here! Well, technically. It felt like winter last week, but hey – birds are chirping and the grass is growing! What better time to start thinking about getting your home ready to sell than the spring? Here are just a few tips for getting your home ready to show to prospective buyers, and to ensure you sell it for top dollar.
- First impressions are the most important ones. Make sure your entry is welcoming and clean. Paint your front door, set out a welcome mat and some flowers.
- De-Clutter. A clean home is a great thing. A clean and organized home is a better thing! If you’re selling your home, you’re going to need to pack at some point, so why not start now! Clean out closets and pack up anything you won’t need for the next few months. Pay attention to the attic, basement, and garage. Clean and declutter these often overlooked areas of your home. Get rid of the junk, sell or give away what you don’t need, and organize everything else. Your home will feel much better and show great to prospective purchasers when it is de-cluttered.
- It’s Spring…time for Spring Cleaning! Start now getting rid of odors, washing windows & blinds, cleaning appliances, dusting trim and cabinets, and deep cleaning your bathrooms. Also, touch up paint, and replace carpets if needed — or maybe give them a deep cleaning. Outside, you can trim bushes & trees, and re-mulch if necessary, remove dead plants or trees, and pressure wash the driveway, siding, or brick.
- It’s time for a tune-up. Springtime is the perfect time to change out dirty filters, schedule a tune-up for your HVAC system, service and clean all major kitchen appliances, and repair or replace any damaged parts.
- First impressions are good, but last impressions are important, too! Spruce up the backyard. The backyard is often the last thing a buyer will see, so make sure their tour of your home ends on a high note. Trim those shrubs, power wash the patio or stain the deck, clean away leftover leaves from the fall, set out a table and chair set on the patio, and add outdoor lighting to create an inviting space.
Here are just a few tips for getting your home ready to show to prospective buyers, and to ensure you sell it for top dollar. Click To Tweet
If you’d like to see what your home could sell for in this market, contact us today. We’ll be glad to help you set a reasonable asking price, and to offer more helpful hints for getting the most out of the sale of your home.
Helping homeowners navigate the appraisal process,
Ryan Bays, SRA, AI-RRS